Chair: Mrs Sally Akhtar
Vice Chair: Mrs Kayleigh Storey & Mrs Katrina Kingswood
Secretary: Mrs Victoria Whitman
Treasurer: Mrs Marie Wilson
A PTA is an excellent way of bringing parents, teachers and the local community together to work towards a common goal. QI’s PTA raises substantial funds to enhance our children’s school experience and organises a busy calendar of social events. Activities include:
- Parties for children in Years 1 and 2
- Discos for children in Years 3 to 6 incl Year 6 leavers' 'cocktail' bar at the Leavers' Disco
- Summer and Christmas Fairs
- Christmas Present Buying Day
- Supporting the children as parent helpers on school trips and local walks
- Surprise visitors at Christmas and Easter for the Foundation children (top secret!)
- Providing refreshments on Sports Day
- Collecting money on non uniform days
We are always keen to receive new fundraising ideas!
Can I help?
All parents are eligible to become members of the PTA. Copies of its constitution are available from the school office. We can only run events if we get parental help and support, particularly for discos and the summer fair.
As a volunteer, all members of the PTA are required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This is government run service that checks whether a person has a Criminal Record or is on the DBS Children's Barred List.
If you are interested in joining the PTA, please collect an application pack from the school office or download below:
When do the PTA meet?
A PTA business meeting is held once a term, to discuss and agree the busy calendar of events and to allocate roles and responsibilities. The meetings are held on a weekday evening, usually on a Tuesday or Wednesday, from 6pm to 7:30pm at the school. More informal meetings are held as and when needed.