Menus during temporary school closure, for emergency childcare only:
FREE SCHOOL MEALS PROVISION DURING COVID-19 PARTIAL SCHOOL CLOSURE
For children eligible for Free School Meals, we have been working with our caterers, HC3S, to provide weekly food parcels, containing enough food provision for a week's worth of lunches for each eligible child.
To clarify, the definitions of eligible children are set out below. Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- Younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- In full-time education
To check your child's free school meal eligibility, please submit your application via the Hampshire County Council's website - https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/hants/. You will need to make a new application for each child but your information will be remembered to help you to complete multiple applications quickly.
- Does not include families who are in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
- Does not include the children in Years R, 1 and 2 under the Universal Free School meals provision UNLESS you meet the criteria for benefits related free school meals.
- Does not include those children in receipt of the Service Pupil Premium.
- Does not apply to those children who have been eligible for free school meals in the last 6 years but are not currently.
For those children eligible for Free School Meals and food parcel provision, (who have confirmed that they require the food parcels), these are provided each Monday, and MUST be collected between 9:30am and 11:30am from the school kitchen.
If they are not collected, we will remove your details off of the list for any future provision. If you have specific circumstances that prevent you from collecting your food parcel, please give us a call to discuss this.
In line with the government guidance, we are going to continue with the distribution of food parcels and therefore will not be offering the option of vouchers or e-cards. If anything changes with regards to this provision, we will let you know.