What is safeguarding?
- Protecting children from abuse and maltreatment.
- Preventing harm to children’s health or development.
- Ensuring children grow up with provision of safe and effective care.
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
- ‘The welfare of the child is paramount’ (the Children Act 1989)
- Section 175 of the Education Act 2002 (Section 157 for Independent Schools) places a statutory responsibility on the governing body to have policies and procedures in place that safeguard and promote the welfare of children who are pupils in the school.
Safeguarding children and child protection guidance and legislation applies to all children up to the age of 18.
Who to contact if you have a safeguarding concern about a child at Queen's Inclosure Primary School
Please contact one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads listed below, initially on 023 92268067 or email email@example.com and you will receive a call, as a matter of priority:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mrs J Allen, Headteacher
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Miss R Packham, Assistant Head and Year 1 Teacher
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mr B Saxton, Year F Teacher
If you have any concerns about a member of staff, please go to the Headteacher, who will contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) as required.
If you have a concern regarding the Headteacher, please direct this to the Chair of Governors, via the school office on 02392 268067 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange for the Chair of Governors to contact you, as a matter of priority.
Social Care 0300 555 1373 (Out of Hours)
Hampshire Children’s Services 0300 333 1384
Childline 0800 1111
Police 101 or in emergencies 999