Skip to content ↓

Queen’s Inclosure Primary School


Key Workers

Queen's Inclosure is currently closed until further notice.

As directed by the Government, we are able to provide an emergency service for the most vulnerable children (those who have a social worker and/or an Educational Health Care Plan) and children of key workers.

Parents of children who have an Education Health Care Plan do not need to register as we already have this information.

However, we need to identify the key workers in critical sectors so that they are able to continue to work. 

There is no expectation that children of these key workers have to attend school. If you fall into this group and wish to make other arrangements, then you are welcome to do so.  If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.

The government has identified the critical sectors as:

Health and social care

This includes but is not limited to doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, social workers, care workers, and other frontline health and social care staff including volunteers; the support and specialist staff required to maintain the UK’s health and social care sector; those working as part of the health and social care supply chain, including producers and distributors of medicines and medical and personal protective equipment.

Education and childcare

This includes nursery and teaching staff, social workers and those specialist education professionals who must remain active during the COVID-19 response to deliver this approach.

Key public services

This includes those essential to the running of the justice system, religious staff, charities and workers delivering key frontline services, those responsible for the management of the deceased, and journalists and broadcasters who are providing public service broadcasting.

Local and national government

This only includes those administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the COVID-19 response or delivering essential public services such as the payment of benefits, including in government agencies and arms length bodies.

Food and other necessary goods

This includes those involved in food production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery as well as those essential to the provision of other key goods (for example hygienic and veterinary medicines).

Public safety and national security

This includes police and support staff, Ministry of Defence civilians, contractor and armed forces personnel (those critical to the delivery of key defence and national security outputs and essential to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic), fire and rescue service employees (including support staff), National Crime Agency staff, those maintaining border security, prison and probation staff and other national security roles, including those overseas.


This includes those who will keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating during the COVID-19 response, including those working on transport systems through which supply chains pass.

Utilities, communication and financial services

This includes staff needed for essential financial services provision (including but not limited to workers in banks, building societies and financial market infrastructure), the oil, gas, electricity and water sectors (including sewerage), information technology and data infrastructure sector and primary industry supplies to continue during the COVID-19 response, as well as key staff working in the civil nuclear, chemicals, telecommunications (including but not limited to network operations, field engineering, call centre staff, IT and data infrastructure, 999 and 111 critical services), postal services and delivery, payments providers and waste disposal sectors.

If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, you work in one of the critical sectors listed above, and you cannot keep your child safe at home, then your children will be prioritised for emergency childcare.  To access this provision, please:

  1. Complete the Register as a Key Worker form and submit it to us. This needs to be done once only.
  2. Complete a Health Declaration for your household.  This needs to be submitted each time your child returns to QI after an absence of greater than 7 calendar days.
  3. Complete an Emergency Childcare Requirements form. This needs to be submitted by 3pm every Wednesday for the following week. We are unable to accommodate requests made after this deadline due to the need to arrange staffing and ensure adequate staff:child ratios.

Please note that our emergency childcare provision is for the full school day.